November 28, 2009 § Leave a comment
Our first house viewing today was at Sin Ming. Sin Ming is a very small town. Say that you live in Sin Ming, most people will say “Oh, your kid goes to Ai Tong”, or the famous places of worships nearby and Bishan Park.
As this is our first time, we are not quite sure what to expect for a house viewing. So it’s a surprise when it ended without any fuss.
- The block is located 5 mins walk from the bus stop. Driving to the block was misleading as there was quite a few turns. Plus!
- There is a small road that leads to the opposite of Thomson Plaza in 5 mins. However, I don’t think is well lit enough for a walk at night. Plus!
- The apartment was on a lift floor, at the end of the corridor. Non of the windows are exposed to passers-by. There is only one neighbour facing the main door. Huge Plus!
- The living and dining room’s walls and ceilings are decent. There are no built in TV consoles or cabinets. This could save us $$ in renovation. Plus!
- The kitchen layout and size is similar to my current one. It is covered top to bottom with wheat-coloured-patterned tiles. It also has built in cabinets, which I think are light brown coloured. Minus!
- The kitchen faces the opposite root of a low mansionette block. I’m guessing the afternoon sun will reflect the orange glare into the rooms. Minus!
- Main bedroom and Bedroom 1 is quite alright. they are similar to my house. But again, the orange glare might be a nuisance. Neutral.
- Bedroom 2 has a strange layout. Minus!
- Storeroom is small. Minus!
- There is a small mini mart a few blocks away. It’s a 5 – 7 min walk. It’s closed today, hmm.. are the owners celebrating Hari Raya? Plus!
Location: 7/10. Near to my work place and parent’s place. Quiet with privacy.
Transport: 7/10. Bishan MRT station is 7 – 9 busstops away. Marymount MRT station is 4 – 6 busstops away.
Amenities: 6/10. 1 minimart. No hawker centre and wet market. Closest shopping centre is Thomson Plaza.
Price: 7/10. The valuation is comparable to a 5-room Punggol BTO. After adding the COV, the price is tipping over to the high side.